Monday, December 6, 2010

Hate/Like

I hate it when students make it a daily ritual to mourn about their weekly tests.

I hate it when people complain about the sun when it's shining while consequently bitching about the rain when it's pouring.

I hate how skinny girls complain about being too fat, or how fat girls bitch about their supposedly 'anorexic' counterparts.

I hate it when people moan about how much they miss home... when they get to sleep on the bed they grew up in at weekly intervals.

I hate how some students make a fuss about their study load... when they have a topic test.

I hate how those under scholarships say they'd rather trade their free ride for personal freedom, and how non-scholars want the opposite.

I hate how people make a big deal of not getting their choice of ice cream at lunch.

I hate how so many people complain too damn much about things that are too damn trivial.

-

I like how some people keep silent when a parent passes on.

I like how someone doesn't say a word about home... when he's been away for 4 years.

I like how he refrains from being angry, let alone resort to profanities, when his car gets totalled just days before his exam.

I like how some people don't complain at all when they've been studying for 3 months for a big test.

I like how she says a simple prayer when her favourite dog dies, instead of breaking into a hissy fit.

I like how he had to travel back and forth between continents (with his own money) thrice in two weeks for a scholarship that he eventually failed to get, and how he managed to laugh it off after everything.

I like how he tells me not to be sad, when he was the one who lost his best friend mere hours ago.

I like how perseverance shines through silence.

3 comments:

  1. It's just the different ways people react to externalities though. Should one conform to a particular pattern of response in adversities? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, YOU WOULD HATE ME. I am sure of it now. :)

    ReplyDelete